Property acquisition plans can go haywire if buy to let mortgage is not planned well. Buy to let mortgage, unlike other forms of property investments, contribute a major share towards the acquisition. The desire to have easy money in the form of house rentals may lead many people to take the dip. However, how many of them achieve the desired goals through the mortgage is debatable. Buy to let mortgage will be used to acquire second homes for being let on hire. The process of collecting rentals is time and again a long-drawn process. Often the projected rentals cannot be collected. Repayment of buy to let mortgage becomes difficult in such situations.
Planning involves the borrower asking himself questions on several issues related to buy to let mortgage. The very first question that the borrower needs to ask himself is the purpose for which the mortgage is intended. It is true that the buy to let mortgage will be employed in the purchase or construction of a second house. However, �is the borrower prepared to let the house on rent� will be important to decide. An answer in positive will be a direction to move ahead on the mortgage proposal. If not, then the idea of financing new home may better be shelved. Otherwise, alternative methods of financing new home need to be searched.
Buy to let mortgage comes in a variety of forms in the UK. Depending on the features that they let borrowers enjoy, they may take up different names. Fixed rate, discounted rate, and base rate trackers are just a few of the mortgages available. Mortgage decision includes the type of mortgage that will best suffice ones needs. Borrowers need to make the product decision on the basis of their individual priorities. Fixed rate buy to let mortgages, for instance, keep the rate percentage stable at a certain point for a period or the entire term. This will suit borrowers who want to escape the vicissitudes in interest rate.
No mortgage decision is taken in individuality. Every decision influences directly or indirectly, certain other decisions. The decision to fix rate of interest on buy to let mortgage, for instance, results in an increase in fees. Normally, loan providers will charge 2% as brokerage fees. This is the compensation for the service that they are providing, i.e. searching best deal buy to let mortgages. The brokerage fees may go upwards if clauses such as fixed rate are included. The astuteness of the decision to fix rate of interest will be judged by the times it outweighs an increase in brokerage fees.
Lender decision constitutes an important part of the planning process. The most appropriate lender chosen need to possess the following three essentials. Firstly, the lender must be reputable and have contacts with other prominent banks and financial institutions. Secondly, the lender must be capable of satisfying demands of diverse groups of mortgagors. Finally, the quality of deals available with the lender must be incontestable. It will be unwise to compromise on any of these essentials during search for appropriate lender. Reputation of the lender influences the quality of deals offered. Lenders who have associated with several banks and financial institutions will be able to arrange best deals. The larger the variety of deals available with lender, greater are the chances of drawing deals that fully satisfy the desired purpose.
Borrowing amount needs to be decided in close conjunction with the amount of rental that one hopes to collect. Rent has a very important role in the buy to let mortgage. It is through the rent received that the borrower repays the mortgage.
Rentals differ by place, type of building and the house itself. Survey of the area and checking with brokers based in the area will give important information about the rental in the area. Borrowers will get to know about ways in which the house be designed, and areas where property be purchased to optimise the rental.
Normally, 85% of the house value will be cleared as buy to let mortgage. The remaining 15% need to be introduced by the borrower himself as deposit. Mortgage amount increases in direct proportion to the amount of deposit offered. Deposit demonstrates the borrower�s commitment towards the housing project.
Borrowers who cannot afford to lose on work will find online applications very helpful. Powered by the technological innovations in communication, borrowers can now submit their personal as well as mortgage details through online application. Online application contributes largely towards transferring borrower details immediately and thus resulting into a fast buy to let mortgage approval.
While the process of application has been made convenient, planning still needs borrowers to themselves conduct calculations and comparison. Borrower may opt for advice through experts. However, the final decision on buy to let mortgage will be theirs, because they are the ones who best know their finance.